Profile of VET organisation
Name of organization: Florida Secundaria
Type of VET institute: Post-secondary non-tertiary vocational education
No of staff: 11-50
No of trainees: 501-1000
Through its upper and lower secondary education portfolio, FLORIDA Secundaria aims to offer a quality educational project for students to become citizens with a sound academic, human and professional background, for them to be better positioned in their access to university and the job market.
WHAT WE ARE
A teaching cooperative with 30 years' experience. A school with a state subsidy that seeks to offer integrative and inclusive equality education, taking student diversity into account. This is why our educational project is articulated around the four basic dimensions that make up people’s learning:
- Learning to learn: facts, concepts, ideas.
- Learning to do things: basic skills, techniques, processes.
- Learning to live with others: respect, friendship, cooperation.
- Learning to be a person: mature, effort, social skills.
WHAT WE DO
As a result of our experience and several reflection processes shared with students and families, the next key ideas have become guidelines in our teaching activity:
- Tutorship focused on escorting students throughout their learning and maturing process and in the build up of positive affective styles.
- An integrated and comprehensive curriculum.
- A dynamic and inclusive methodology that responds to student diversity.
- Collaborative work based on innovation and experimentation.
- A warm atmosphere, with specific ways of educating people and considering others.
- A teaching centre well rooted into its context and committed with the educational community.
Description of good practice
Title: MANAGEMENT OF FAMILY PARTICIPATION
Actions aimed at achieving the centre’s fluent communication with families and encouraging their active participation.
The participation and involvement of students in Florida’s Educational Project is a goal and an asset to the organisation. “Active communication and participation of all the members of the school community (students/teachers/families) in the different participation bodies, school board, student representatives’ team...”
- Managing team
- Parent representatives
Incoming documents: Educational Project
Generated documents: Reports on the centre’s performance
Evaluation and Review:
- Number of interviews held by tutors
- Number of interviews held by the managing team
- % assembly attendance by parents
- Number of meetings held by the managing team with the parent association (1 per month)
|OPERATION ACTIVITIES||INFORMATION ACTIVITIES||TRAINING ACTIVITIES||INQUIRY ACTIVITIES||REVIEW/IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES|
||School for parents organised by guidance department||
||Evaluation of school by families (EFQM surveys, focus-groups upper secondary, academic year 2001-02 ...)|