The objectives of BEQUAL project are:
- To develop quality assurance in vocational education and training (VET) through benchmarking of quality practices and transnational co-operation.
- To promote the use of the Common Quality Assurance Framework (CQAF) as it is the policy of European Union according to the Copenhagen declaration, by identifying, comparing and exchanging best practices in quality assurance in VET
- To allow practical application of the CQAF in VET through the use of online benchmarking tool and best practice database
- To build and capitalize on previous work carried out by CEDEFOP, DG Education & Culture, European Training Forum , Leonardo da Vinci Programme and European Network for Quality Assurance in VET.
- To promote transnational cooperation through the operation of a thematic portal in quality assurance in VET and develop a Community of Practice.
BEQUAL project targets VET providers, policy makers and stakeholders.
VET providers have at their disposal an on-line benchmarking tool, which allows them to benchmark their quality practices against CQAF core criteria and compare them with those of other training providers in the same or other European countries. Furthermore VET providers can go through the repository of best practices in quality assurance and adapt practices that complement their processes.
The thematic portal of the project at the address www.bequal.info aims at covering the need of VET training providers, policy makers and stakeholders for information, communication and networking in the field of quality assurance in VET and particular the promotion of the use of CQAF as it is a priority of European Commission.